Epson has introduced the Epson® PowerLite® 420, 425W, 430, and 435W, four bright and affordable short throw projectors, and BrightLink Solo 3, a new optional interactive module that makes any flat projection surface interactive at an affordable price ($499). Starting at $949, the new projectors are designed for the K-12 classroom and deliver connectivity and flexibility in both their installation and compatibility with BrightLink Solo 3.
The PowerLite 420 ($949), 425W ($1,049), 430 ($1,049), and 435W ($1,149) are intended for teachers in need of a wall or ceiling mounted short throw projector or to place on the front of a table to use with their standard dry erase or interactive whiteboard. The PowerLite 430 and 435W deliver 3,000 lumens color and white light output and the PowerLite 420 and 425W deliver 2,500 lumens color and white light output. The PowerLite 420 and 430 offer XGA resolution and can project 4:3 content up to 106-inches diagonal, while the PowerLite 425W and 435W deliver WXGA resolution for widescreen content and can project a 16:10 image up to 113-inches diagonal.
All four models offer comprehensive connectivity features ideal for current and future classroom configurations, including HDMI digital connectivity to the latest devices for high-quality video and digital audio. They also offer RJ-45 network connectivity to allow teachers to present lessons with both audio and video over the Local Area Network (LAN). Network connectivity also allows IT managers to monitor and control networked projectors remotely which helps save costs, as well as broadcast messages such as school procedures or events to all projectors on the network. The projectors also offer 3-in-1 USB Plug ‘n Play, for instantly projecting video with audio, while also allowing control of the presentation via remote control, from a PC or Mac® computer via a single USB connection.
The optional wall mount features a flexible installation, with vertical and horizontal adjustments for image alignment.
Teachers can also incorporate interactivity into their lessons with the optional BrightLink Solo 3 which connects to the projector mounting plate included with the optional Epson short throw wall mount, or sold separately for use with the universal ceiling mount, and transforms most flat walls or whiteboards into a large interactive learning area.
Other features include:
- Increased Communication: Internal 16-watt speaker fills the classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs; built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no added cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance; a microphone input is also included for voice amplification through the projector’s built-in speakers
- Higher Lamp Life: The lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- Expanded Connectivity: PC-Free slideshows offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer; projectors can also be directly connected to the Epson DC-06 document camera for added versatility; audio out and monitor out ports help classrooms connect to external speakers and monitors; wireless functionality is available via an optional wireless module
- Setup Flexibility: +15 degree horizontal and vertical keystone correction provides convenient setup in virtually any classroom setting, allowing the projector to be placed on a table that may not be centered with the screen and still get a standard formatted image; Quick Corner® allows the four corners of an image to be moved independently for a rectangular image
- Built-in Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates with the option of customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on the board
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only seven seconds; A/V Mute instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy and helping to save costs
- High Density Filter: This filter covers eight times the surface area of previous generation filters for more protection against dust; includes an extended recommended filter cleaning schedule of up to 5,000 hours
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology; provides an energy-efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create images; requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a sales and support initiative that offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
The Epson PowerLite 420, 425W, 430, and 435W will be available in late November 2011 and BrightLink Solo 3 will be available in early December 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution.