Teacher action research involves inquiry and research about improving their own teaching practice. Teachers become investigative reporters researching their topic using a variety of research methods. Action research is designed so teachers can:
- Analyze data that will show where they may need improvement in their own teaching practice.
- Be done by individual teachers or teams of teachers.
- Provide opportunities to reflect on their teaching.
- Explore and test new ideas, methods and materials.
- Evaluate new methods and best practices.
- Provide input and share feedback to colleagues.
- Provide decisions on what methods, materials, and ideas to include in their teaching practice and what to recommend to their colleagues.
For information on teacher action research, go to http://www.ericfacility.net/ericdigests/ed355205.html
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Give me Five!