Based on 20 years of neuroscientific research, ST Math uses spatial-temporal games to present math concepts visually for students in grades preK–8.
The mastery-based and standards-aligned ST Math offers challenging puzzles, non-routine problem solving, and informative feedback. Independent education research firm WestEd recently published a study evaluating a math edtech program on multiple state assessments. The 239 schools that used ST Math consistently outgrew similar schools in statewide rank by an average of 14 percentile points.
The newest version is built on the latest website technology, featuring responsive design to work on any device. The update gives ST Math’s mascot, JiJi, and all the puzzles and environments a fresh look and allows students to track their logins, minutes played, and puzzles solved each week.
For administrators, ST Math now has more streamlined implementation focused on single sign-on and account provisioning, as well as new reporting tools that offer comprehensive student data to uncover insights and track student learning results.
Improvements for teachers will help them implement the program with greater fidelity, integrate it with core curriculum more easily, and better support student learning. Key features for teachers in the new version include:
- A simplified user experience
- A new assignments feature, allowing teachers to assign any ST Math objective to individual students, groups, or the whole class outside of their journey
- Redesigned progress reports and student detail information to more clearly present actionable data for informed instruction
- The ability to see the progress of minutes played and puzzles completed during the current week, or as a median of all weeks to track engagement
- The ability to view a student’s entire history of usage and progress toward standards and objectives, as well as clear alerts for struggling students.
To learn more about the new version of ST Math, which is available for the 2020-2021 academic year, go to http://www.stmath.com/whats-new.