Nearpod (opens in new tab) today launches its Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) supplemental curriculum to support safe learning environments. Built from the framework by the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) and developed in partnership with Common Sense Education (opens in new tab), the new curriculum is a K-12 solution to facilitate students’ SEL competencies and integrate character education.
With this launch, schools and districts can increase the integration of SEL skills into core classroom learning.
The content covers a wide range of SEL topics, including:
- SEL Competencies features lessons that include direct instruction in and practice with self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision making.
- SEL in Digital Life, created in partnership with Common Sense Education, helps students apply SEL skills to their online lives, promoting integrity, self-control, humility and courage.
- Growth Mindset Practices develops crucial skills such as responsible risk-taking, metacognition, thinking flexibly and persistence.
- Lifelong Learning Strategies focuses on goal setting, balancing obligations, time management and critical thinking.
- SEL Moments encourage teachers to incorporate social and emotional learning into their daily or weekly routines, with mini-activities that can be a part of any lesson.
The new SEL program features over 130 ready-to-run lessons, with plans to continue expanding the supplemental library for back-school with more opportunities for direct instruction in and integration of SEL competencies.
Districts can utilize Title IV funding to support a well-rounded education with Nearpod’s SEL curricula. Administrators, principals and teachers can access free sample lessons and explore the new program here (opens in new tab).