Capstone announces substantial updates to its PebbleGo™ database to facilitate accessibility for all students. Among the improvements include compliance with Section 508 standards (U.S. Workforce Rehabilitation Act of 1973) and WCAG 2.1 AA (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), ensuring PebbleGo is accessible to children with vision, cognitive, physical, and hearing disabilities.
New accessibility features include:
- Simple, predictable navigation
- Text-to-Speech on all articles
- Transcripts for all videos
- Alternative text and descriptive titles for meaningful images
- Screen reader support
- Access keys for keyboard-only navigation
- Color contrast design to support students with color-blindness and low vision
PebbleGo is now also mobile-responsive, offering touchscreen navigation and providing at-home and on-the-go access on smartphones, tablets, and computers to support school-to-home programs, independent learning and English language learners.
All PebbleGo modules include text written for the needs of K-3 learners, narrated by professional voice-over artists to provide scaffolds for emerging and struggling readers and English language learners.
PebbleGo was named a Best of Show at ISTE 2019 winner by Tech & Learning