Microsoft Producer 2003 is a stand-alone application that works with Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 or 2002 on a Windows 2000 or XP operating system to capture and synchronize audio, video, slides, and images, then preview and publish a rich media presentation virtually anywhere for viewing in a Web browser. You can easily incorporate audio, video, HTML files and still images with your MS PowerPoint slides to create dynamic and rich-media presentations.
- In the MS Producer dialog box, select the Use the New Presentation Wizard and click OK. Select a template after previewing different templates.
- Go to Choose a Presentation Scheme to select a font style, size, and color as well as background colors for different areas of your presentation.
- Go to Import Slides and Still Images to bring digital media files into your Producer project. You are even able to import existing PowerPoint files.
- Go to Import or Capture Audio and Video to capture audio and video files using an appropriate capture device connected to your computer, such as a Web camera and a microphone. Click the Capture button to open the Capture Wizard.
- Begin arranging the files in your project. Start by adding them to the timeline, which is the Producer workspace where you arrange the elements that appear in your presentation. The timeline enables you to edit the entire project or just certain elements of the project, such as individual audio and video files, to trim unwanted video and audio out of your presentation, or to enhance your presentation by adding a video transitions and effects.
- Synchronize existing video and audio files by clicking on Yes to synchronize your PowerPoint slides with the audio and video you imported or captured. Take different digital media files, such as audio, video, still images, and slides and then quickly synchronize them to create a rich-media presentation.
- Preview your presentation to see how it will appear after you publish it. Click Set Slide Timing and press the Play to start your video. Click Next Slide to specify when the presentation should move to the next slide.
- Publish your final presentation and the files contained in it to a local computer, Web server, Windows Media server, e-service provider, or even to a CD that you can then distribute.
Producer supports the following audio and video formats:
.wma, .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .wav, .au, .asf, .wm, .aif, .snd, .mp3
You can also import a multitude of image file types including:
.jpg, .png, .gif, .tif, .bmp, .dib, .emf, .wmf