Sony has announced a new K-12 Education Initiative which focuses on helping schools integrate devices into the classroom. The program includes access to tablets and other devices at special pricing, and provides schools with additional services and support needed for long-term success, such as a real-time, online community, software to manage and protect devices and information, user training and tailored programs for districts and schools.
The Sony® Xperia™ Tablet S, the flagship device in the program offers features such as:
- Android™ 4.0 (upgradeable to Android™ 4.1)
- 9.4″ high-definition screen
- Compatible with existing PC and software solutions
- Guest Mode allows teachers to restrict or grant access to specific apps
- Full-sized SD card slot for expandable memory or easy file transfer
- Extended service and accidental damage plans available
In addition to access to special tablet pricing, educators can also utilize the Sony Education Ambassador (SEA) community, a free online destination that provides solutions for educators looking to implement technology in the classroom and fosters dialogue about how technology can enhance student learning.
The Sony K-12 Initiative is now accepting inquiries and orders from schools and educators. For more information, to submit inquiries or to access education resources, visit www.educationambassador.com. Sony will also be at TCEA at booth #2155.