With the start of school right around the corner, I decided to revisit a post I've done on sites for educational games. This list, presented in alphabetical order, has a nice mix of subjects and grade levels that teachers can use with their students.
40 Sites for Educational Games
- ABCya - A great site for games and mobile apps for elementary students.
- Academic Skill Builders - A wonderful site with learning through the use of multi-player games. Also, there is an educational portal which allows for student tracking.
- Arcoiris - A nice site for educational games in English and Spanish.
- Braineos - Games based on flash card in a wide variety of subjects.
- BrainNook - A fun site for students that focuses on English & Math. Also, there is a teacher portal with lots of resources for educators.
- Bubbabrain - Lots of game for all grade levels that allows teachers to create games too.
- Cackleberries - A virtual world filled with educational games for kids 3-7 yrs old in a safe environment.
- Clever Island - Excellent games for kids 3-8 yrs old in a wide variety subjects such as: Math, Reading, Spelling, etc.
- Cookie - A great site for educational games and teacher resources.
- Creativity Games - Learn through the use of creativity brain training games.
- Creating Music - A fun site for learning music through the use of educational games and other online activities.
- DimensionU - An innovative site for learning math in a 3D virtual world.
- Fish Smarty - Excellent site for online learning through the use of educational games. There is an educational portal for student tracking as well.
- Fuel the Brain - A wonderful site to learn elementary skills such as math, science and reading. Lots of educational resources too!
- Funbrain - One of the most popular sites for educational games for kids K-8 yrs old.
- Funschool - A wide variety of games, activities, and videos for kids.
- Game Classroom - Games for students K-6th grade in math and LA with lots of resources such as: worksheets, videos, and more.
- Gamequarium - A popular site with lots of games in a wide variety of subject areas.
- GameUp - A innovative site from the creators of BrainPop where the games are based on their interactive animated videos.
- Kidz Page - A fun site for educational games PreK-8th grade.
- Learning Games for Kids - A great site for educational games on lots of different subject areas.
- Lure of the Labyrinth - An innovative game for middle school pre-algebra students.
- Magnahigh - Math games for K-12 with educational portal.
- MinecraftEdu - A unique game based on the popular PC designed for schools.
- PhyFun - Physics-based games for all grade levels.
- Pipo Games - A nice site for educational games for ages 3-12 yrs. A paid site unlocks all the features.
- Play Brighter - A fantastic site filled with educational games on a wide variety of subjects, built on its unique anime style interface.
- Play Kids Games - A fun site for educational games in subject areas such as math, vocabulary and geography.
- Power My Learning - A great all-in-one site for education filled with games, videos, resources and more.
- Sheppard Software - A nice site with lots of games on different subject areas.
- Skoolbo - Wonderful educational games for core skills in the primary grade levels.
- Spelling Connections - A cool site for spelling and vocabulary games with educational portal.
- Teaching with Portals - A very innovative game based on the popular console/PC game Portal, with lots of lesson plans to be found.
- Tucoola - A great site for skill-building games for the younger kids with student tracking.
- Tutpup - A cool site for math and spelling where kids compete against each other.
- Vedoque - A nice site for educational games PreK - 8th grade.
- What2Learn - A excellent site for educational games where teachers can create games and track students with a paid account.
- Yogome - A great site/company with lots of innovative games and mobile apps on recycling and more.
- Zondle - Interesting games that support learning and can be embedded into a site.
- ZooWhiz - A fun site for kids 5 - 15 yrs to develop Math and Reading skills by creating their own virtual zoo.
For my Pinterest board on educational games click here
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com
and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com