Top 10 Sites for Creating Digital Comics by David Kapuler
10/21/2011 1:18:16 PM
comments powered by
Creating Digital Comics has been one of my favorite thing to do with students when trying to integrate technology. While this can be done with any number of applications, such as Comic Life or Toon Boom, there are many online alternatives (mostly free) that offer a nice solution as well.
Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of
experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about
his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
- Pixton - Has an educational
portal (paid) that is ideal for schools (no student email account
necessary). Also, there are a ton of options such as voice recording,
drag-n-drop interface, and importing/exporting features.
- ToonDoo Spaces
- One of the most popular online comic creators that is very similar to
Pixton, with the ability to create a private space for education for
sharing/collaborating on comics.
- Comic Master
- A very nice-looking site that is user friendly with lots of features to
choose from such as: backgrounds, objects, speech bubbles, etc.
- Bitstrips - A great site with an educational instance (paid) that allows students to create comics in a safe/secure environment.
- Stage'D - A great-looking site for creating animated comics!
- Make Beliefs Comix - A wonderful site with lots of options to choose from -- it even lets users create comics in Spanish.
- Super Hero Squad Show - A fun site for kids to make comics off of their favorite Marvel super hero.
- Chogger - A nice site for creating a comic, with the ability to create a drawing from scratch.
- Comic Creator - From Read Write & Type, a easy/simple to use comic creator that is nice to use with the younger kids.
- Witty Comics - A comic creation site that focuses more on creating text more then anything else.
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (July 25, 2017) – Renaissance®,...
Changes in education technology and policy spur updated approach to in...
During the video coaching process, teachers can turn comments into an ...
PowerSchool, the leading provider of K-12 education technology solutio...
Study by the Auburn University Center for Evaluation (ACE) found Fuel ...
Each year, StudySync awards prizes for the top middle school and high ...
MOUNT PROSPECT, ILL. (JULY 19, 2017) — Educators and l...
The 26 hand-selected participants, all of which have a passion for spr...
Connecting Educators and Students with Creative Collaboration in the C...
New Thinking Guide Serves as a Companion Workbook that Helps Educators...