15 Sites and Apps for Augmented Reality
11/8/2013 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
Augmented reality (AR) is a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data
) AR has been around for awhile but is really starting to garner interest in the educational community/sector. Using augmented reality is a great way to incorporate 21st century technology into the classroom using different types of apps, sites, and equipment.
15 Sites/Apps for Augmented Reality
- AR Dinopark - A fantastic iOS app for bringing augmented reality dinosaurs to life.
- AR Flashcards - One of the most popular sites/apps for using augmented reality. An educator can choose from a wide selections of flashcards to print out with AR images built in to view on a mobile device.
- ARSights - A fantastic site that incorporates AR with Google Earth and allows users to view landmarks in augmented reality.
- Augment - A free iOS app for viewing 3D AR models.
- Augmented Reality Brings New Reality to Learning - a fantastic article from Edutopia on how to integrated AR into the classroom.
- Aurasma - Probably the most popular site/app for viewing augmented reality images.
- colAR Mix - A great free iOS app that turns a AR enabled coloring book into a 3D augmented reality experience.
- Daqri - A free iOS app that enables user to view 4D augmented reality enabled images.
- Fetch! Lunch Rush - A free iOS app that is a fun multi-player game where players try to keep up with the sushi orders.
- Junaio - A augmented reality browser that lets users view AR enabled images.
- Our Discovery Island: Phonic Tricksters - A fun free iOS app that uses augmented reality to learn phonics by capturing Tricksters.
- PopAR Viewer - A great free iOS app that allows users to view augmented reality objects as well as create books, cards, puzzles, and more.
- Science AR - A fantastic iOS App for viewing educational AR enabled posters.
- Wikitude - A very popular AR browser to view augmented reality objects.
- Zoo-AR - A fun iOS app for viewing animals and insects in augmented reality.
Bonus - Drew Minock & Brad Waid are the famous educators of Two Guys and Some iPads and are leading the way into integrating augmented reality into the classrooms.
For my Pinterest board on Augmented Reality click here
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
WeVideo Provides Complete, Secure Collaborative Video Editing and Digi...
EdLink for mobile device management and Impero Insight rich analytics ...
Study finds gaming can improve student SEL outcomes when supported by ...
Discovery Education, the leading provider of digital content and profe...
Two leading education brands, Atomic Learning and Versifit, annou...
Epson is delivering the future of display technology for education at ...
The latest version of the language-learning app offers groundbreaking&...
Lightspeed, a Learning Company, today unveiled its new logo and corpor...
Combines teacher and classroom messaging technology with school and di...
NEW YORK (June 21, 2017) - Schoology, the leader in learning managemen...