Top 20 Sites and Apps for Creating Timelines
2/11/2014 12:00:00 AM
A while back I created a list of top 10 sites for creating timelines. Well, since that time mobile learning has really integrated into education and apps have been developed to accomplish this task. I've created a new list combined with apps and sites that are ideal for creating timelines.
This list is in alphabetical order.
- American History Timeline - A excellent iPad for viewing America's history. Also, there are interactive educational games to reinforce student learning.
- Capzles - Is one of the most popular sites around for creating interactive timelines. These timelines can contain all kinds of media (images, video, etc) as well as be embedded into a site/blog.
- Dipity - A fun site for creating embeddable interactive timelines that include images and videos.
- littleBIG History - A terrific iPad app for viewing timelines from the creation of the universe to current events. This app contains over 700 images and 1300 events that can be searched through.
- myHistro - A great site/iOS app for creating interactive timelines with educational portal. Also, has the ability to embed Google Maps.
- OurTimeLines - A neat site with templates for creating timelines through text.
- Preceden - A cool site for creating layered interactive timelines. These timelines can be set to public or private and even be embedded into a site or blog.
- RWT Timeline - Based on their website's (ReadWriteThink) timeline creator, RWT is one of my favorite iPad apps (free) for creating stunning timelines. Also, the app allows for multiple users which is ideal for those schools that share devices.
- Tiki-Toki - A wonderful site for creating beautiful looking 3D timelines with images and videos. A paid account lets users embed them on a site and collaborate on them with multiple users.
- Time Rime - A great site for creating interactive timelines with educational portal.
- Timeglider - One of my favorite sites around for creating interactive timelines that can be embedded into a site. Also, a user can generate a legend/key to help navigate their timeline.
- Timeline - A robust iPad app for creating timelines with the ability to generate reports.
- Timelines.tv - A wonderful site for viewing timelines in 5 different historical categories.
- Timestream - A nice iPad app for creating timelines with images, that allows a user to email them or print off as a PDF.
- Timetoast - A wonderful site for creating a timeline that can be embedded into a site or blog. Best of all, a user can choose to view their timeline in standard mode or in text view only.
- Timeline 3D - An innovative app for creating stunning 3 Dimensional timelines with images and videos. Also, Timeline 3D can be exported into PPT or Keynote for other options.
- Timeline Builder - A excellent iPad app for creating beautiful timelines with images and lots of themes to choose from.
- Timeline Maker - A popular iPad app for creating timelines by stacking up tiles or events.
- Timeline Maker (Soft Schools) - A simple site similar to RWT, that allows users to create a timeline through text/template.
- WhenInTime - A great user-friendly site for creating embeddable timelines.
cross-posted on http://cyber-kap.blogspot.com.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
comments powered by
Gainesville, FL, Feb. 23, 2017 – The Schools of Hope Survey, und...
Texas’ Greenville Independent School District (GISD) announced t...
Sergeant Laboratories announced today the expansion of its AristotleIn...
“A Helpful Guide to Interactive Solutions in the Classroom”...
HMH Kids Discover Social Studies provides easily digestible conte...
The social emotional learning platform was singled out by an audience ...
The comprehensive, online and blended learning program now spans ...
Capstone, a leading publisher of children’s books and digi...
LeDerick Horne and Dr. Margo Izzo headline the “Eureka! Big Idea...