What’s the Best Tool for the Task?
4/3/2014 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
“Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.” – Bill Gates
Teachers often have great projects and activities they want to enhance by adding a technology component. Often, the problem is determining which tools will be the most effective in meeting our needs. These are important questions to consider when integrating technology:
- Do my students have access to the tool when they leave my classroom?
- Can the technology support how students will have to turn in the assignment? Can the bandwidth support multiple uploads or will students turn in the project with a flash drive?
- Is the technology free and user-friendly?
- Does the technology support various learning styles?
- How long will my students need to learn how to use the tool and can I afford the time to teach them how to use the tool?
- Will I be able to embed?
- What are the privacy settings and can I adjust them to match my needs?
- Is the tool safe for students to explore aside from my guidance?
- Do students have to register or can I make them accounts?
- What are the age restrictions?
In addition to these questions, you can find various tools for different types of tasks by visiting the various sites below. I, also, recommend creating a digital sandbox for your learners so they can choose between a few of the tools you love!
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is an education consultant, technology trainer, and author. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.
Lawrenceville, GA – July 27, 2017 – Interactive projectors...
35 awards given for education industry innovation and excellence
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (July 26, 2017) – Renaissance®,...
South Carolina’s Fort Mill School District (FMSD) anno...
New collaboration provides enhanced digital solutions for a broader po...
Leading LMS Provider Ensures Schools and Districts Have Reliable and ...
Students from Turkey, Switzerland, Mexico and Brazil Join Learners fro...
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (July 25, 2017) – Renaissance®,...
Changes in education technology and policy spur updated approach to in...