10 Sites for Online/Educational Tutorials
6/13/2014 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
Online tutorials or walk-throughs are great for self-paced learning. People have been using Google and YouTube to learn how to do things for a long time. However, there are also sites specifically dedicated to online learning and helping people learn all kinds of subjects. This list is in alphabetical order.
- Atomic Learning - Probably the most popular resource on the list, Atomic Learning is a great site to find all kinds of "How to" videos on all sorts of subjects for K-12. This is also a nice place to find other educational resources, professional development, and tips on how to integrate technology into the classroom.
- Khan Academy - A widely talked about free site with lots of resources and tutorials on a wide variety of subjects such as: Math, Science, Economics, and more.
- Lynda - A very nice site that reminds me a lot of Atomic Learning where users can look for tutorials on all sorts of subjects and even create custom playlists.
- MentorMob/LessonPaths - One of my all-time favorite Web 2.0 sites that allows people to view and creating their own "Learning Playlists" through an innovative and easy to use interface.
- Sophia - One of the most popular Learning networks around that not only offers tutorials, but online courses and resources as well. Also, this is one of the best places to find and learn how to create a Flipped Classroom/lesson.
- Teacher Training Videos (TTV) - A great site by Russell Stannard that offers award winning screencasts to help teachers in wide range of topics.
- Teachers Tech - A wonderful iOS app for finding videos on over 200 Web 2.0 resources to use in education.
- Techsmith - Techsmith is a great company for creating your own screencasts and offers lots of tools/apps that are being used throughout education worldwide. Also, they have a wide abundance of free tutorials on how to use their products.
- Virtual Nerd Mobile Math - A nice free iOS app for finding educational interactive videos on MS/HS Math concepts.
- WizIQ - A nice place for finding educational tutorials. A student can also find online courses and a educator can even host online tutoring/trainings.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.