Forty Educational Websites To Put In Your Toolkit, Part 4
7/23/2014 12:00:00 AM
It is so much fun to be sharing these websites I feel should be in every teacher’s toolbox! I have forty… actually 50… because I found ten more and I am sending out these ten new ones in the next post.
- Multimedia “flashcards” to simplify learning
- Teachers can create flashcards for their subjects for free
- Class license for Premium Subjects available for a fee
- Web and iOS platform
- Turn “beautiful words into meaningful images in seconds”
- Bookmarklet – immediate creation of highlighted text from webpage – be mindful of copyright
- Account (free) required only to save or upload
- Visual whiteboards with media files for brainstorming and organizing
- Get feedback from students and discuss in real time
- Works with Google Drive
- Create interactive webquests quickly with no HTML code
- Free account with 100 templates
- Add unlimited files and pictures or
- embed video
- Explore thousands of user shared webquests
National Archives Digital Vault
- Click on a record to launch images for investigation
- Add images to a collection tray
- Create posters, movies and Pathways Challenges
- Created for students in grades 6 -12
- Search for lessons by grade, subject, genre
- Teach core subjects using popular culture
- Engage students by relating to things they know and care about
- Whiteboard canvas for communicating your message
- Upload and mark up images or draw them
- Add media via webcam and mic
- Share or embed your PixiClip
- Use your voice to record a message
- Generate the QR code
- Scan with device using QR scanner to hear message
QR Code Generator
- Generate codes that link to information you want to share
- Print or digitally share the code
- Use your imagination!
- Create and publish an eBook readable on iPad, nook, and other devices
- Upload a document you want to share and it will be converted to ePub format
- Browse and import shared
- ebooks to your iPad
Thank you for joining me and if you have an idea website I should include… please let me know.
cross-posted at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com
Michael Gorman oversees one-to-one laptop programs and digital professional development for Southwest Allen County Schools near Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is a consultant for Discovery Education, ISTE, My Big Campus, and November Learning and is on the National Faculty for The Buck Institute for Education. His awards include district Teacher of the Year, Indiana STEM Educator of the Year and Microsoft’s 365 Global Education Hero. Read more at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com.
comments powered by
Latest Upgrade Supports Advanced Reporting, Improved Filters as Distri...
Mentoring Minds Partners with Maryland Principals Association to Recog...
External Evaluators Also Find Lexia’s Blended Learning Program t...
NEW YORK (March 22, 2017) – Schoology, Inc., the leader in learn...
Research-Based Intervention Program, iSPIRE TM, Recognized as a “...
BOSTON — March 21, 2017 — itslearning, an award-winning le...
DOVER, NEW HAMPSHIRE—March 21, 2017—Measured Progress, Inc...
Rochester, N.Y. (March 21, 2017) – Second Avenue Learning, a lea...
With new CREATE Packages, educators now have access to a powerful suit...
Addition of Quizlet Further Empowers Students and Teachers with Increa...