Forty Educational Websites To Put In Your Toolkit, Part 4
7/23/2014 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
It is so much fun to be sharing these websites I feel should be in every teacher’s toolbox! I have forty… actually 50… because I found ten more and I am sending out these ten new ones in the next post.
- Multimedia “flashcards” to simplify learning
- Teachers can create flashcards for their subjects for free
- Class license for Premium Subjects available for a fee
- Web and iOS platform
- Turn “beautiful words into meaningful images in seconds”
- Bookmarklet – immediate creation of highlighted text from webpage – be mindful of copyright
- Account (free) required only to save or upload
- Visual whiteboards with media files for brainstorming and organizing
- Get feedback from students and discuss in real time
- Works with Google Drive
- Create interactive webquests quickly with no HTML code
- Free account with 100 templates
- Add unlimited files and pictures or
- embed video
- Explore thousands of user shared webquests
National Archives Digital Vault
- Click on a record to launch images for investigation
- Add images to a collection tray
- Create posters, movies and Pathways Challenges
- Created for students in grades 6 -12
- Search for lessons by grade, subject, genre
- Teach core subjects using popular culture
- Engage students by relating to things they know and care about
- Whiteboard canvas for communicating your message
- Upload and mark up images or draw them
- Add media via webcam and mic
- Share or embed your PixiClip
- Use your voice to record a message
- Generate the QR code
- Scan with device using QR scanner to hear message
QR Code Generator
- Generate codes that link to information you want to share
- Print or digitally share the code
- Use your imagination!
- Create and publish an eBook readable on iPad, nook, and other devices
- Upload a document you want to share and it will be converted to ePub format
- Browse and import shared
- ebooks to your iPad
Thank you for joining me and if you have an idea website I should include… please let me know.
cross-posted at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com
Michael Gorman oversees one-to-one laptop programs and digital professional development for Southwest Allen County Schools near Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is a consultant for Discovery Education, ISTE, My Big Campus, and November Learning and is on the National Faculty for The Buck Institute for Education. His awards include district Teacher of the Year, Indiana STEM Educator of the Year and Microsoft’s 365 Global Education Hero. Read more at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com.
Study by the Auburn University Center for Evaluation (ACE) found Fuel ...
Each year, StudySync awards prizes for the top middle school and high ...
MOUNT PROSPECT, ILL. (JULY 19, 2017) — Educators and l...
The 26 hand-selected participants, all of which have a passion for spr...
Connecting Educators and Students with Creative Collaboration in the C...
New Thinking Guide Serves as a Companion Workbook that Helps Educators...
Impero Education Pro provides Stone County with student safety and cla...
New Fall 2017 series kicks off Tuesday, September 19, 2017 with behavi...
Learning Upgrade, an innovative ed tech company providing digital, dif...
Integrated Education Management System provider ASSIST LLC announced e...