Awesome Virtual Online Field Trips
8/29/2014 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
Creating an online virtual experience for your students is easy with these great tools...
- Google Maps with Street View lets you explore places around the world through 360-degree street-level imagery. You can explore world landmarks, view natural wonders, navigate a trip, go inside restaurants and small businesses - and now even visit the Amazon! Get a demo or browse the gallery to see collections from around the world. Additionally, you can virtually visit 17 Museums in Street View and see incredible art around the world.
- 7 Wonders Panoramas - 360-degree views of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Arounder Virtual Tour of the Moon - 360-degree panoramic views of the moon, courtesy of the Apollo 11, 12 and 17 missions. (Many other Earth locations also available on arounder.com.)
- Connected Classrooms Map - This map shows all of the teachers and partners in connected classrooms including museums, classrooms, aquariums, magazines, etc. It's a great resource if you're starting to get connected.
- Frissiras Museum - A virtual art gallery from Athens, Greece that allows you to explore paintings by rolling your mouse over them.
- Google Earth - Explore the geography of both land and sea (free download).
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Vital Signs: Understanding Cardiovascular Diseases - A virtual gallery teaching about heart disease.
- Louvre Virtual Tour - Virtual tour of the world-famous Louvre museum in Paris.
- Mount St. Helens 360 - See how the volcano Mount St. Helens changed in the three-year span between 2003 and 2006 with these 360-degree panoramas.
- Mount Vernon Virtual Mansion Tour - Virtual tour of George Washington’s home, Mount Vernon.
- The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago - Enjoy 360-degree views of galleries showcasing Egyptian, Assyrian, Mesopotamian and Persian cultures
- Rare Book Room - A virtual library that allows you to not only view but read hundreds of rare and historical copies of books, from Shakespeare to Galileo.
- Smithsonian National Museum of National History Virtual Tour - Take a virtual walking tour of the entire Smithsonian National Museum of National History.
- Smithsonian National Museum of National History Dinosaur Tour - A virtual tour of dinosaur fossils.
- Smithsonian National Museum of National History Dinosaur Dig - An interactive virtual archaeological dig for dinosaur bones.
- Supreme Court Tour - A 360-degree exploration of the U.S. Supreme Court building.
- Taj Mahal Virtual Tour - Virtual tour of the Taj Mahal, featuring 360-degree panoramas.
- Tour of Colonial Williamsburg - A virtual tour of Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia.
- UAE Interact Virtual Museum - A virtual museum exploring the history of the United Arab Emirates through ancient artifacts like stoneware, jewelry, weapons, tools and coins.
- US Capitol Virtual Tour - Virtual tour of the US Capitol, with clickable areas to learn more about the building’s history.
- A Virtual Journey into the Universe - Explore our solar system with a variety of interactive tools (no jokes about what lies in the interior of Uranus).
- Virtual Museum of Iraq - Discover the history of Iraq through eight museum halls full of artifacts.
- The Virtual Museum of Traditional Japanese Arts - Wander down virtual hallways to explore traditional Japanese arts, from fine arts to martial arts.
- Virtual Tour of Rio de Janeiro - An amazing 3-D aerial virtual tour of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Visible Body - Detailed, dynamic 3-D views of all the systems in the human body (7-day free trial).
- Virtual Worlds Almanac - A guide to online “virtual worlds,” most with educational value.
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society Life-Size Blue Whale - Feel what it’s like to swim alongside a blue whale.
cross-posted at msedtechie.blogspot.com
Patricia Brown is the Technology Integration Coach at Old Bonhomme Elementary School in Saint Louis, MO, where she implemented the first annual OB Family Tech week and Digital Learning Day. As a classroom teacher, she was awarded a $25,000 Innovative Technology grant for her school. Read her blog at msedtechie.blogspot.com.
TEKVOX has announced enhancements to its 71000 Drop-In A/V™ prod...
MindPlay’s Virtual Reading Coach meets stringent requirements fo...
Dremel DigiLab 3D printer users ca...
Expanded platform features advanced coding curriculum with three addit...
ClassTag supports personalized communications with all parents, whethe...
LUBBOCK, Texas (June 27, 2017) – As educators seek to prepare st...
As school choice becomes increasingly prevalent, many districts a...
Hoonuit (@Hoonuit), a comprehensive suite of data analytics and profes...
College and high school students learn physics through experiments tha...
Chatsworth, Calif. (June 26, 2017) – When teachers regularly inc...