From the Principal's Office: Edscape is Coming. Join Us and Innovate Now
0 comment(s) so far...
September 3, 2013 By: Eric Sheninger
The annual Edscape Conference
will once again be held at New Milford High School in New Milford, NJ on Saturday October 19, 2013. Hundreds of educators from over ten different states and Canada descended upon my school last year to learn together and network in an effort to move their respective school cultures down an innovative path. Edscape evolved out of the need to provide educators with relevant, meaningful professional development focusing on digital learning and innovation that was in dire need for many. This was the case for teachers in my District as well as those throughout the Tri-State area.
Here is a description of the conference:
As the educational landscape changes schools must transform accordingly in order to prepare all learners with the skills, tools, and knowledge to be successful in the 21st Century. This requires a shift in instructional techniques that focus on critical thinking, inquiry, problem-solving, authentic contexts, and technology. Edscape is a conference intended to bring together passionate educators who firmly believe that innovation is essential to increasing student engagement and achievement. Innovation begins with a desire to change. Edscape will provide attendees with the inspiration, strategies, and the confidence to actively pursue a transformation in teaching and learning practices. The theme of this year’s conference is “Innovation Now”. We will explore how learning environments can be established to promote critical thought, inquiry, problem solving, and creativity. Attendees will leave with a greater sense of how to authentically engage all learners through meaningful and relevant instruction. The Edscape Conference will feature presentations and workshops by innovative educators who believe that change is essential to meet the diverse needs of all learners in the 21st Century. They will share best practices, success stories, applicable strategies, and pedagogical techniques that address the following:
Other conference highlights include the following:
- Meaningful, cost-effective professional growth opportunities to improve teaching and learning.
- Effective technology integration as a means to promote student creativity, apply knowledge, and increase engagement in the classroom.
- Design of authentic learning experiences to enhance critical thought, inquiry, problem-solving, and relevancy in the classroom.
- Essential leadership practices to articulate a vision for school improvement and begin the implementation process.
DON'T MISS OUT AND REGISTER TODAY! Check out the schedule HERE.
- 60 concurrent sessions
- Keynote by George Couros, an internationally-renowned educator and leader
- Featured presentations by Steven Anderson (@Web20classroom) and Shelly Terrell (@shellterrell)
- Numerous presentations by educators who routinely speak and present at national conferences including Adam Bellow.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Fantastic networking opportunities
- An innovation lab to see firsthand some of the latest educational technology in action
cross-posted on A Principal's Reflections
Eric Sheninger is a NASSP Digital Principal Award winner (2012), PDK Emerging Leader Award recipient (2012), winner of Learning Forward's Excellence in Professional Practice Award (2012) and co-author of Communicating and Connecting With Social Media: Essentials for Principals and What Principals Need to Know About Teaching and Learning Science. He presents and speaks nationally to assist other school leaders in effectively using technology. His blog, A Principal's Reflections, was selected as Best School Administrator Blog in 2011 by Edublogs.