Compass Learning announced today the grand prize winners of its first annual Classroom Refresh Contest™, which challenged students and teachers to produce music videos demonstrating how technology can benefit and enrich classroom instruction. The winners were selected by a guest judging panel and more than 100,000 votes submitted by the general public through the contest site, www.classroomrefreshcontest.com.
Grades K-5 Winner: Joe Ginter’s class from St. Marys Intermediate School in St. Marys, OH. Their video, “Wish We All Would Use Technology More” can be viewed here.
Grades 6-8 Winner: Dorothy Henson’s class from Algonquin Middle School in Des Plaines, IL. Their video, “Tech Tech Baby” can be viewed here.
Grades 9-12 Winner: Julia Coots’ class from Portland High School in Portland, TN. Their video, “Get Hype with Technology” can be viewed here.
Winners will receive a classroom technology makeover with tools and resources, including:
- Compass Learning® – Learning Acceleration Software™ and Professional Development Services
- Education Elements – Launchpad and Virtual Launchpad Training
- SMART® Technologies – SMART Boards and projectors
- NWEA™ – Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) licenses
- Middlebury Interactive Languages™ – Teacher License and 10 Annual Student Subscriptions (for the grade category 9-12 only)