THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
David Warlick: Emerging Trends: What’s Revving Your Engines?
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
Jeff Mao: The Future of One-to-One
ASSESSMENT FOR TODAY’S SCHOOLS (Solution Partner: GlobalScholar)
How do we monitor student and teacher progress and respond rapidly to what we learn from assessment data? How do we use this information to shape professional development and inform teaching practices? What is the right balance between assessing and teaching/learning?
- Download Jenith Mishne's presentation (PDF)
- Download Mike Kuhrt and Peter Griffiths's presentation (PDF)
- Download Ronald Thomas's presentation (PDF)
DIGITAL CONTENT AND ONLINE LEARNING (Solution Partner: Samsung)
Are print textbooks a thing of the past? What about digital ones? Who should be the creators of educational content -- publishers, teachers or the students themselves? What sorts of online experiences are the most powerful ones for learning?
- Download materials from Bailey Mitchell:
- Download Cathy Higgins's presentation (PDF)
- Download Patrick Larkin and Eric Conte's presentation (PDF)
- Download Rob Miller's presentation (PDF)
- Expansion 360 presentation (PDF)
- Engage M.E. P.L.E.A.SE. flyer (PDF)
- Forsyth (GA) BYOT implementation (PDF)
- Forsyth County (GA) press release (PDF)
ONE-TO-ONE WITH SCHOOL AND STUDENT-OWNED DEVICES (Solution Partner: Lightspeed Systems)
What sorts of 1:1 implementations are the most effective? What are the pros and cons of BYO technology initiatives? How do we handle security, management and infrastructure issues in a 24/7 wireless environment?
- Download Carl Hooker's presentation (PDF)
- Download Kyle Berger's presentation (PDF)
- Download Rick Cave's presentation (PDF)
21ST CENTURY SKILLS AND PREPARING STUDENTS FOR THEIR FUTURE (Solution Partner: Follett)
What do students need in order to succeed beyond high school? How do we create learning environments (both faceto- face and virtual) that allow ALL students -- including those identified as “at risk” -- to be engaged and successful?