CHANGE AGENTS: TECH & LEARNING’S MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE IN EDTECH IN 2018
By Tara Smith
Each of these leaders is working in thoughtful and creative ways on the frontlines of some of today’s most pressing issues— from the way we think about learning, AI, and innovation to gun control, refugees, and student privacy.
FROM BREADCRUMBS TO BREADBOARDS
By Jerri Kemble
Today’s forward-thinking educator is asking herself how to infuse coding, STEM, and STEAM into the classroom. Many educators, however, find it difficult to know where to start. Here are some ideas.
MAKERSPACE PRODUCT ROUNDUP
By Shannon Mersand and Sheri McNair
The products in this guide help extend the offerings in makerspaces.
FOLLOW THE MONEY: FUNDING INNOVATION
This special funding section includes details on what schools are buying, e-rate updates, making the most of your budget, and tips for passing school bond initiatives.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
● Top10 web stories
● Sites for Online Tutoring/Teaching
● 5 Keynoters on Education’s Hottest Topics Coming to ISTE 2018
● Watching TV Remains Kids’ Most Popular Pastime
● Three Schools Named National Winners in The Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest
● Report Finds Increase in Data Breaches in Education and Offers Tips to Help Prevent Them
● Top 10 Ways Toys Can Teach Steam