THE MORE YOU READ, THE MORE YOU’LL KNOW: ELA SOLUTIONS ROUNDUP
By Tara Smith
Which reading solution will best support your students and teachers so everyone can be reading on or above grade level by June? Here are some recommendations, best practices, and creative ideas from teachers, librarians, and administrators.
QUICK THINKING: HOW SCHOOLS TURN DATA INTO KNOWLEDGE
By Ellen Ullman
Take a look at how these schools analyzed data to work on everything from attendance to social emotional learning.
HOW CAN IT AND CURRICULUM WORK BETTER TOGETHER?
An excerpt from the T&L Leader Newsletter; read more at www.tech-learning-leader.com
For this roundtable, T&L spoke with some IT leaders and—to keep us truthful—we invited a curriculum leader to share her experiences, too. We hope you’ll learn from their insights.
NEW K-12 AUDIO SYSTEMS
WHAT’S NEW: NEW TOOLS FOR SCHOOLS
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
EDITORS DESK: THE DEAL WITH DATA
● TOP10 WEB STORIES
● BLOG BITS
● TOP TWEETS
● 5 TECH TRENDS TO WATCH THIS SCHOOL YEAR
● CYBERBULLYING ON THE RISE IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
● T&L READER SURVEY DID YOUR SCHOOL PARTICIPATE IN THE GREAT 2017 ECLIPSE?
● GETTING CLOSER TO CLOSING THE EQUITY GAP
● SETDA ANNOUNCES 2017 STUDENT VOICES AWARD WINNER
● TEACH STUDENTS THESE 4 SKILLS TO START THE YEAR OFF RIGHT
● REPORTS EXPLORE NEW CLASSROOM MODELS AND MORE
● CLASS TECH TIPS
● STATISTICS AND SOLUTIONS
● NATIONWIDE EDUCATIONAL COOPERATIVE TO FOCUS ON CYBERSECURITY, TECHNOLOGY INTEROPERABILITY, AND COLLABORATIVE SOLUTIONS
● FOUR TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE FROM #CYBERATTACKS
● SCHOOLS AND DISTRICTS ARE READY FOR THE INTERNET OF THINGS (IoT)
BIG IDEAS: IT’S TIME FOR A NEW CORE CURRICULUM; INCLUDING ALL VOICES IN STEM; WHY DO WE BUY?; HOW TO INTRODUCE GAMIFICATION (OR ANYTHING NEW, REALLY)
● INCLUDING ALL VOICES IN STEM
● WHY DO WE BUY?
● HOW TO INTRODUCE GAMIFICATION (OR ANYTHING NEW, REALLY)