I learned this idea from my friends at CTAP IV* in the SF Bay Area and now have adapted it for all types of occasions. At the end of a week-long institute, participants usually receive a certificate of completion. I also put together candy bags with a legend that explains what each candy means:
- When you plan your vision, reach for a MILKY WAY.
- When you do something great, give yourself a SMARTIE.
- When you get resistance, give yourself a HUG.
- When you feel like youâ€™re drowning, grab a LIFESAVER.
- When you know a smile makes a difference, take SNICKERS.
- When all else fails, donâ€™t worry, be CAREFREE.
I put the candy in a snack size zip-lock bag along with the legend on a piece of paper. Make sure you tell them what the candy means or they may eat it before they read the legend.
*CTAP= California Technology Assistance Project
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: At the Drop of a Hat