T&L guest blogger Patricia Brown shares a few tools you can explore this summer to build your tech toolbox:
* Blogger is simple to use and is already embedded in Google, which makes it very easy to access.
* Twitter is still one of the easiest ways to develop a strong PLN.
* Pinterest: There are many edtech Pinterest boards where people post apps and blogs to try out, as well as ideas for using iPads and other technologies.
* Participate in Webinars, online classes, or tech forums. There are many free Webinars available to educators on various topics, covering various tools. Join organizations like TCEA, Simple K-12, or ACDS, or check out the Tech & Learning archive at techlearning.com/july14
* Flip your classroom: Try out some of the following tools this summer and start flipping in the fall: PowToon, Videolicious, 30 Hands App, Animoto, ScreenCasting with Quicktime, Keynote, and iMovie Trailer.