When you are showing how to use Excel, you can change the views so your teachers can see just what you want to show them.
Changing page breaks in a worksheet:
- Go to the View menu to Page Break Preview.
- Drag the page breaks to where you want them.
- Click OK and go to View to Normal view.
- Press Ctrl and ~ (tilde)
Filling Across the Cells
- Select all the cells you want to fill.
- Type in the active cell.
- Press Ctrl and Enter.
Change the Default Font
- Go to the Tools menu to Options to General tab.
- Use the pull-down menu next to "Standard font" to select the font name and size/.
- Click OK.
- Restart Excel in order for the change to take affect.
See as Much as You Can
- Go to the View menu to View Full Screen to squeeze more data onto the screen even if you already have Excel maximized.
- Click Full Screen again to restore window view.
For more tips on Excel go to http://www.uky.edu/IS/Training/tipsexcel.html
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Limited Technology