Pearson (opens in new tab) announced today that San Diego Unified School District has selected PowerSchool as its new web-based student information system (SIS). PowerSchool will serve over 134,000 students in the district.
"What really stood out to us about PowerSchool was the web-based, fully integrated system that will deliver real-time, targeted student data to our educators. PowerSchool has the essential tools to manage processes, integrate with other applications in our district, and provide users with an easy-to-use experience,” said Darryl LaGace, chief information and technology officer. "We trust that this is the start of a long-lasting, reliable partnership that will grow with our evolving needs.”
New features and enhancements found in the latest release of PowerSchool 7.2 include:
- Free form seating chart for taking attendance
- User-configurable data validation rules for student and teacher records
- API for partners with support for single sign-on and basic data provisioning
- Improved session management and flexibility
- Enhanced multi-day attendance grids for administrators and teachers
- Comment bank enhancements
- Mobile apps for parents and students to monitor achievement
The District expects to complete the implementation of PowerSchool for all of its schools by September 2013.