Ideas and Resources
Get your students to express their appreciation with the following ideas and resources:
- Students can create adult coloring books with their images. Check out these web tools and apps, Really Color, Crayola Lights, Camera, Color! iOS App, Color My World Lite iOS App, and Colorscape iOS App.
- Students can create word clouds and print these on posters, cups, t-shirts, or ties. Discover web tools for creating word clouds here, Shellyterrell.com/wordclouds.
- Students can make digital slideshows with Photopeach.
- Students can produce videos of memories with Kizoa, Biteable, Powtoons, Magisto, and iMovie. Find video creation web tools here, Shellyterrell.com/video.
- Students can make a digital book with web tools, like Storybird, Little Bird Tales, and ToonDoo. Find storybook creation web tools here, Shellyterrell.com/ebooks.
- Students can create coupon books with chores, hugs, etc. Find a Google Draw template to edit here and a coupon generator here.
- Students can send digital greetings with these web tools and apps- Yakit for Kids, EduBuncee, Animoto, Fotobabble, Red Stamp, and Sincerely Ink.
- Students can create games. Try Hopscotch, TinyTap (iOS/Android), Scratch MIT, Zondle, GetKahoot, Stencyl, SketchNation, GameSalad, Purpose Games, ClassTools, Game Maker Studio, Sploder, Gamestar Mechanic, X-Note, What2Learn, Kodu, GamePress, Adventure Games Studio, and Quest Text-based Adventures. For more resources and ideas check out ShellyTerrell.com/games.
Challenge: Get students to create one of these digital gifts.
If you enjoyed these ideas, you may want to get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers or my $5.99 ebook, Learning to Go, which has digital/mobile activities for any device and editable/printable handouts and rubrics.
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is an education consultant, technology trainer, and author. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.