The world of IoT offers a growing array of Internet-connected technologies and devices. CDW-G’s survey of 300 K–12 professionals has identified some of the top trends, benefits, and goals for IoT transformation:
* Nearly half of schools/districts have a formal IoT strategy in place.
* K–12 professionals say IoT will:
● Make schools safer (85%)
● Improve student engagement (81%)
● Save districts significant money (65%).
* The top remaining hurdles for IoT implementation include:
● Cost (58%)
● Privacy issues (33%)
● Security issues (30%)
Internet reliability (25%).