There is an abundance of online tools that allows teachers to create tests & quizzes in a few simple steps. Technology has changed the way in which students are being assessed and graded. Following are my favorite sites for creating quizzes.
- Google Docs (forms) - An ideal way for teachers to create tests or quizzes and then embed them in their site for students to take. Also, very user-friendly and includes instant reporting!
- Zoho Challenge - A very nice suite of tools that allows users to create quizzes with a polished look.
- MyStudiyo - Create online multimedia quizzes with this innovative site. As with most quiz sites, users can either post their quiz online or embed it into their site (ideal for education).
- Quibblo - A fun and easy site for creating quizzes in a social networking environment. Quizzes can be rated, shared with others, and even embedded into a site.
- Testmoz - A great site for creating quizzes with four question types. Very user-friendly. Each quiz generates a unique URL.
- ProProfs - A bit more robust than the other sites but still nice for creating quizzes. The paid version offers more features such as student tracking, privacy settings, and others.
- GoToQuiz - A very simple site for creating a quiz that generates a unique URL for others to take.
- ClassMarker - Another nice site for creating embeddable quizzes, similar to ProProfs. The paid version opens up a lot more options for the users.
- Braineos - A fun site for creating flash-card-based quizzes on a number of different subjects.
- QuizStar - Create classes with students to take online quizzes.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com