Reading and the Common Core: It’s Not Just for ELA
By Shannon Mersand
For teachers not used to incorporating reading into the curriculum, it can be a daunting task to select age-appropriate texts for use with students. Here are a variety of resources available to help teachers select the most appropriate informational texts for their students.
Mixing it Up
By Ellen Ullman
With its combination of online and face-to-face lessons, the techniques of blended learning enables teachers to use data to differentiate instruction and reach each child with what he or she needs. But don’t let us convince you. See what your colleagues are saying.
New & Improved Libraries
Read how these educators in New York and New Jersey have transformed their libraries into exciting and engaging learning spaces.
Put to the Test: T&L Editors take some new products for a test drive.
• Wildlife Acoustics’ Echo Meter Touch
• LearnPad Octavo Solution
• Kurzweil 3000, V14, Web Edition
• Compass Learning Hybridge
• Corwin Press’s Connected Educator Series
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
• Top10 Web Stories
• BLOG BITS
• TOP TWEETS
• Connected Educator Month is Back!
• Site We Like
• T&L Reader Survey: What is the best social media tool for your PLN?
• Should students be allowed to use mobile phones in school?
• Good Prospects for STEM Careers
• Apps and Sites to Find Informational Text
• Inspirational Videos and Guidelines for Sharing Media
• Classroom Technology: How Would Your School Score?
• Apps of the day from techlearning.com