HOW ADAPTIVE LEARNING REALLY WORKS
By Tara Smith
This collection of success stories showcases schools and districts that are celebrating achievements gained through the efforts of dedicated staff implementing adaptive learning strategies.
MAKE BELIEVE: 2016 3D PRINTER ROUNDUP
With the flood of available 3D printers, determining what is right for each school and its students can be overwhelming. T&L reviewer Shannon Mersand takes a look at five 3D printers to consider for your school.
THE MAKING OF A MAKER SPACE
By Sascha Zuger
SCHOOLCIO REPORT: FOSTERING DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP: A SCHOOL DISTRICT’S ROLE
The June 2016 SchoolCIO Summit worked to create specific policies and procedures to educate school communities on their roles in the appropriate use of social media. Here are highlights.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
● Top10 WEB STORIES
● BLOG BITS
● TOP TWEETS
● LETTERS TO THE NEXT PRESIDENT 2.0 GIVES VOICE TO TEENS’ OPINIONS IN ELECTION
● EBOOKS PROMOTE INDIVIDUALIZED LEARNING
● VIDEO GAMES IN EDUCATION
● SITE WE LIKE
● T&L READER SURVEY DOES YOUR SCHOOL PLAN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GO OPEN INITIATIVE FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION?
● GAMER SCIENCE: ARE VIDEO GAMES MAKING KIDS SMARTER?
● EDUCATION LAGS IN SHIFT TO MOBILE, RECEIVES LESS WEB SITE TRAFFIC
● APPS OF THE DAY FROM TECHLEARNING.COM
● OCTOBER IS NATIONAL BULLYING PREVENTION MONTH
● QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE SEARCHING FOR A GRANT OPPORTUNITY
● CLASS TECH TIPS
Spreading the Good News About Schools; Don’t Fear the Click Bait; Quit Teaching Tech
● GET OUT THE GOOD WORD
● DON’T FEAR THE CLICK-BAIT
● DO WE EVEN NEED TO TEACH STUDENTS TO USE TECH ANY MORE?