MAKING THE GRADE: HOW SCHOOLS ARE CREATING AND USING MAKERSPACES
By Ellen Ullman
Anything that can get today’s tech-obsessed kids to use their hands for more than scrolling has got to have merit, right? These four stories illustrate fun examples of the makerspace movement.
DIGITAL EQUITY: A MORAL IMPERATIVE: PART 1
By Tara Smith
While stories of educators fighting for digital equity are as unique as their contexts, the common factors are determination, urgency, and creativity. Tech & Learning presents Part 1 of its three-part series on this topic.
DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP: RAISING “SMART” KIDS
By Sascha Zuger
T&L spoke with Paul Sanfrancesco, director of technology at Owen J. Roberts School District in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, about how schools can model best practices in this new age of communication.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
Which Apps Are Safest, Ways to Use Social Media in the Classroom, Tools to Strengthen Relationships with Students and Parents, Online Badges in the Classroom, and more
● Top10 Web Stories
● BLOG BITS
● TOP TWEETS
● WHICH APPS ARE SAFEST?
● SITE WE LIKE
● T&L READER SURVEY DO YOUR SCHOOLS OFFER CODING?
● 3 FUN WAYS TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA IN THE CLASSROOM
● VIDEO IMPROVES OBSERVATIONS
● APPS OF THE DAY FROM TECHLEARNING.COM
● 10 EDTECH TOOLS TO STRENGTHEN RELATIONSHIPS WITH STUDENTS AND PARENTS
● CLASS TECH TIPS
● ONLINE BADGES IN THE CLASSROOM
● PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: MAKING IT WORK!