MAKING THE GRADE: HOW SCHOOLS ARE CREATING AND USING MAKERSPACES
By Ellen Ullman
Anything that can get today’s tech-obsessed kids to use their hands for more than scrolling has got to have merit, right? These four stories illustrate fun examples of the makerspace movement.
DIGITAL EQUITY: A MORAL IMPERATIVE: PART 1
By Tara Smith
While stories of educators fighting for digital equity are as unique as their contexts, the common factors are determination, urgency, and creativity. Tech & Learning presents Part 1 of its three-part series on this topic.
DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP: RAISING “SMART” KIDS
By Sascha Zuger
T&L spoke with Paul Sanfrancesco, director of technology at Owen J. Roberts School District in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, about how schools can model best practices in this new age of communication.
PUT TO THE TEST: T&L EDITORS TAKE SOME NEW PRODUCTS FOR A TEST DRIVE
● Let’s Talk!
WHAT’S NEW: NEW TOOLS FOR SCHOOLS
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
EDITOR’S NOTE: LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF ACCESS
Which Apps Are Safest, Ways to Use Social Media in the Classroom, Tools to Strengthen Relationships with Students and Parents, Online Badges in the Classroom, and more
● Top10 Web Stories
● BLOG BITS
● TOP TWEETS
● WHICH APPS ARE SAFEST?
● SITE WE LIKE
● T&L READER SURVEY DO YOUR SCHOOLS OFFER CODING?
● 3 FUN WAYS TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA IN THE CLASSROOM
● VIDEO IMPROVES OBSERVATIONS
● APPS OF THE DAY FROM TECHLEARNING.COM
● 10 EDTECH TOOLS TO STRENGTHEN RELATIONSHIPS WITH STUDENTS AND PARENTS
● CLASS TECH TIPS
● ONLINE BADGES IN THE CLASSROOM
● PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: MAKING IT WORK!
BIG IDEAS: TO COME
● 7 Ways to Spark Innovation and Collaboration in Your School