DIGITAL EQUITY: “A MORAL IMPERATIVE”: PART 2 (opens in new tab)
By Tara Smith
While stories of educators fighting for digital equity are as unique as their contexts, the common factors are determination, urgency, and creativity. Tech & Learning presents Part 2 of its three-part series on this topic.
FROM PASSIVE TO ACTIVE: CREATIVE DISPLAYS IN THE CLASSROOM (opens in new tab)
By Tara Smith
Creative new interactive technologies are energizing students and teachers with fresh opportunities for interactivity and collaboration in the classroom.
THE NEXT DIMENSION: VR & AR IN SCHOOLS (opens in new tab)
By Ellen Ullman
Virtual reality and its second-cousin-once-removed, augmented reality, are coming to schools near you. And teachers can’t say enough positive things about the experiences their students are having with this new technology.
DRONES: THESE CLASSES FLY BY (opens in new tab)
By Sascha Zuger
When it comes to tech, Bobby Brian Lewis of Huntington Middle School in Warner Robbins, Georgia, is flying high. So when drones hovered into the education scene, Lewis grabbed a controller and never looked back.
WHAT’S NEW: NEW TOOLS FOR SCHOOLS (opens in new tab)
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
EDITOR’S NOTE: WHEN SCIENCE FICTION BECOMES FACT (opens in new tab)
● Top10 Web Stories (opens in new tab)
● BLOG BITS (opens in new tab)
● TOP TWEETS (opens in new tab)
● EDUCATION DATA PRIVACY: SEVEN LESSONS LEARNED (opens in new tab)
● SITE WE LIKE (opens in new tab)
● T&L READER SURVEY: DO YOU ASK ABOUT THE ABILITY OF A PRODUCT TO INTEROPERATE ACROSS PLATFORMS BEFORE PURCHASING? (opens in new tab)
● NEW RULES TO MAKE BROADBAND MORE AFFORDABLE (opens in new tab)
● APPS OF THE DAY FROM TECHLEARNING.COM (opens in new tab)
● 2016 FUTURE READY SCHOOLS SUMMITS AND WORKSHOPS ANNOUNCED (opens in new tab)
● STANDING UP FOR LEARNING (opens in new tab)
● CLASS TECH TIPS (opens in new tab)
● THE MORE YOU HAVE, THE MORE YOU GET (opens in new tab)
● BEST PRACTICES MOST IMPORTANT TO TEACHERS (opens in new tab)
BIG IDEAS: TECH IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
● Turning Tears Into Joy (opens in new tab)