Your E-Rate Cheat Sheet
Everybody talks about it, but not many people actually know what it means. This supplement features experts to give you an E-Rate 2.0 cheat sheet.
• What the Experts Say
• What the Government Says
• Don’t forget CIPA
• What the Techies Say
By Ellen Ullman
Check out best practices from best practitioners across the U.S. Also, Lisa Gonzales and Charles Young share their top 10 picks for PD approaches that should go the way of the Dodo Bird.
Fall 2014 School CIO Summit
The Fall 2014 School CIO Summit in Redwood City, CA , brought together K-12 thought leaders from around the country to focus on rethinking school from the ground up.
The Culture of Assessment: Good or Bad?
In the introduction to his new book, Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Dragon?, Dr. Yong Zhao takes apart the current culture of assessment. A counterpoint excerpt comes from the book, Leaders of Their Own Learning: Transforming Schools Through Student-Engaged Assessment.
• Con: The Devil is in the Data
• Pro: Why Student-Engaged Assessment Matters
Robotics Projects Encourage Girls to Engage in STEM
By Lisa Abel-Palmieri
Engaging girls in STE M is about solving problems, helping others, and being creative thinkers. At The Ellis School, an all-girl, independent school in Pittsburgh, PA , every girl has the opportunity to learn to code, build robots, and learn about engineering.
Plus: Activities for STEM Robotics Classes
• Review: GoGuardian
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
• Top10 Web Stories
• BLOG BITS
• TOP TWEETS
• Students Surveyed on Mobile Device Use and Ownership
• T&L Reader Survey: Did you participate in October’s Connected Educator Month?
• Site We Like
• Student Support for the First Amendment
• Top Student Study Tools
• Apply Now for the Vernier/NSTA Technology Awards
• A New Model for Teaching and Learning
• Chromebook Adoption Surges: IESD Survey
• Apps of the day from techlearning.com
• Gender Gap in K-12 EdTech Leadership
• Curriculum Survey
• 23rd Annual ExploraVision Program