KEY INGREDIENTS TO MAKING 1:1 WORK: SCHOOLCIO EXCERPT (opens in new tab)
At Tech & Learning magazine’s recent SchoolCIO Summit, a group of CIOs, superintendents, and other district administrators gathered to discuss their experiences with one-to-one technology initiatives. Here are some highlights.
EXPONENTIAL READING GROWTH: CELEBRATING DIGITAL ELA CURRICULUM SUCCESS (opens in new tab)
By Tara Smith
As various digital ELA curricula transform the culture of reading in these schools, educators report not only improved reading skills and test scores but also increased engagement, comprehension, ownership, and critical thinking. Access to these digital tools is opening doors to the world and to the future. Here are their stories.
STEP FORWARD AND #GOOPEN (opens in new tab)
By Andrew Marcinek
Openly licensed educational resources can help promote innovative teaching and learning as the materials that educators create daily are shared.
GUIDE TO K-12 CARTS
Today’s K-12 classrooms continue to host a wide variety of tablets, laptops, and Chromebooks, making charging carts an essential component to any 1:1 or BYOD program. What follows are some of the latest offerings.
2016 AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE (opens in new tab)
T&L congratulates the winners of our 34th annual Awards of Excellence program. You can find summaries of these winning products on the following pages, along with comments from our judges.
EDTECH IN A TRUMP ADMINISTRATION (opens in new tab)
T&L invited a wide assortment of advisors from the worlds of edtech industry, government policy, and school leadership to answer that question within the context of two of the most prevalent issues concerning the future of education—digital access and personalized learning.
STELLAR SERVICE AWARDS 2016 WINNERS (opens in new tab)
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
EDITORS DESK: CHANGE IS GOOD! (RIGHT?) (opens in new tab)
T&L Live @ DC: The State of Education Under Trump; Bett Preview; CoSN’s Infrastructure Survey; Grants & Contests; Top Apps; and More
● TOP10 WEB STORIES (opens in new tab)
● BLOG BITS (opens in new tab)
● TOP TWEETS (opens in new tab)
● SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY MAKES PROGRESS, YET CHALLENGES REMAIN (opens in new tab)
● SITE WE LIKE (opens in new tab)
● T&L READER SURVEY PHONES IN THE CLASSROOM: HOW DO YOU MANAGE? (opens in new tab)
● STUDENTS THINK TECH IMPROVES INDEPENDENT LEARNING (opens in new tab)
● CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION GROWING (opens in new tab)
● APPS OF THE DAY FROM TECHLEARNING.COM (opens in new tab)
● COMMON SENSE KIDS ACTION ANNOUNCES NATIONAL DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP LEGISLATIVE CAMPAIGN
● ROBOKIND AND THE AUTISM SOCIETY OF AMERICA ANNOUNCE NATIONWIDE SCHOOL GRANT PROGRAM (opens in new tab)
● CLASS TECH TIPS (opens in new tab)
● GET READY FOR BETT
● EDTECH IN A TRUMP ADMINISTRATION (opens in new tab)