Top 10 Ed Tech Trends of 2014: Part One
Since 2010, journalist, blogger, and self-described rabble rouser, Audrey Watters, has annually summarized, poked, prodded, and dissected this amorphous blob we call edtech. This year’s dissertation once again captures the Zeitgeist in action.
No More Mobile Mayhem
By Ellen Ullman
Whether you’re in a 1:1, BYOD or combo program, or somewhere on the continuum, mobile device management (MDM) software can be a CIO’s best friend. We asked your colleagues to weigh in on how they handle their ever-growing assortment of tablets, laptops, and smartphones.
The latest and greatest on the country's biggest edtech initiative.
What It Means When We Talk About Student Data
By Bill Fitzgerald
Don’t worry (too much) about what edtech vendors do with it.
Put to the Test: T&L Editors take some new products for a test drive.
• LG Chromebase All-in-One Desktop
• Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Education
• Naiku for Teachers
• WIN Math
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
Editor’s Note: Present Perfect
• Top10 Web Stories
• BLOG BITS
• TOP TWEETS
• Gaps in Student Career Skills
• T&L Reader Survey: When was the last time you Googled yourself?
• Site We Like
• Six Steps to Flipping a Classroom
• Win Gear for Engineers
• Current Events Resources
• Amazon Survey Highlights Help for Math Teachers
• Digital Badges
• Apps of the day from techlearning.com
• 100 Web Tools/Apps of 2014