NOT YOUR GRANDFATHER’S LIBRARY
By Ellen Ullman
Schools share their stories about how they transformed traditional libraries into inviting, innovative learning spaces.
NEW FRONTIERS IN BLENDED LEARNING
By Tara Smith
In districts large and small, the growing consensus seems to be that we’re at the frontier of a new age for teachers and learners. Here are some of their stories.
LEARNING TO CODE, FROM SCRATCH
By Sascha Zuger
Coding isn’t just about video game development or programming scientific equations anymore. T&L talked with Lisa O’Brien, director of the Scratch Foundation, about how coding can enhance the student experience and how teachers can implement it in the classroom.
PUT TO THE TEST: T&L EDITORS TAKE SOME NEW PRODUCTS FOR A TEST DRIVE.
● FortiGate 1500D Network Firewall
● Kids Discover Online
● Learn2Earn Whooo’s Reading
WHAT’S NEW: NEW TOOLS FOR SCHOOLS
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
EDITOR’S NOTE: NOT PLAYING AROUND
● Four Things Innovative Schools Have in Common
● #GAFE Impact Report
● Top Stories; and more
● BLOG BITS
● TOP TWEETS
● SITE WE LIKE
● T&L READER SURVEY DO YOUR SCHOOLS OFFER BLENDED LEARNING?
● CONNECTIVITY RATES FOR LOW INCOME HOMES
● APPS OF THE DAY FROM TECHLEARNING.COM
● HOW DO TEENS REALLY USE MEDIA?
● HOW DO TEACHERS USE MEDIA?
● CLASS TECH TIPS
● Students Speak Out About Edtech
● Learning to Code or Coding to Learn